Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Easter Egg Hunt


" 'Twas Easter-Sunday. The full-blossomed trees
Filled all the air with fragrance and joy."
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


What a lovely few days we have enjoyed! After a busy weekend in Atlanta reuniting with many friends from church in Montgomery and beyond, we spent the afternoon with Joe's family for Easter lunch. A highlight of the visit for Mary Ashley and Emma was the annual Easter egg hunt. Cousin Reese joined the girls to find eggs hidden by Carson. These images -- captured during the celebration and rendered in the style of watercolor through FotoSketcher -- share a bit of loveliness from Sunday.

























Our evening held a visit with my grandparents, a sweet aunt, and my father and his wife. My grandfather is recovering from a stroke, but he is working hard to regain strength. I would appreciate your prayers of his behalf. Last week we enjoyed time with my cousin and her little girls, another sweet aunt and uncle, and my brother. What a blessing it has been to hug so many who are dear to me over the last week!  



Ye sleeping buds, break
Open your green cerements, and wake
To fragrant blossoming for His sweet sake.
~Margaret French Patton

Blog Widget by LinkWithin