Friday, September 21, 2012

Tea Timing



I am putting all my pumpkins in one basket this weekend for a trip to Tennessee. Or maybe it's actually all my roses in one pumpkin basket. This fall arrangement is a hostess gift for my sister.








I found this cute basket at Michael's. I picked up a couple more for teacher lunches, so I will share details of that upcoming seasonal surprise later. For Jennifer's hostess gift, I soaked floral foam and slipped it into a disposable plastic bowl. Then I clipped roses and slipped the short stems into the foam. A little greenery from my yard finishes off this pretty pumpkin.








A speaking engagement has me travelling to Middle Tennessee, and Saturday night's "Hospitali-TEA" with the Smyrna Church of Christ gives me the opportunity to spend the weekend with Jennifer. We plan to work in some much-needed sister time with a trip to a Nashville tea room. So I will actually be tea timing this weekend with two tea parties on Saturday. My cup overflows!






 
This special weekend comes at a significant time, as our family marks the two-year anniversary of our mother's death. She loved us so much, and we miss her every day. Her heart swelled whenever she knew family gathered, even if she was not able to attend. I think she would find delight in hearing about my weekend, knowing that in addition to my overnight stay with my sister, I plan to work in visits to both my aunt and my father as well. I will share details next week!




Congratulations to mother of five and blogger Southern, who won last week's giveaway of a library of books by Julie Klassen. Be sure to check out this post to get your name in the teacup for a copy of Taste of Home Best Loved Recipes.
.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin