Monday, May 3, 2010

Tooth Fairy Pillow

I was reluctant to take on this little project, secretly hoping that if I delayed making a tooth fairy pillow for Mary Ashley, I could slow her growing up. But despite my best efforts to keep her little, she has already lost her first two teeth within a week. To celebrate this exciting milestone, I made a little pillow from leftover fabric and lace from the heirloom dress I made for her last year.

She lost her two bottom teeth first, which you can see in the photos below.

In this pocket you will find
A teensy, tiny tooth of mine.
So while I sleep where dreams are made,
Let's see if you can make a trade.
-- Author Unknown
Mary Ashley's new smile.

"Other than a dimple in a cute little chin, what's more adorable than a toothless grin?" -- Azu "Betty" Espezia
Blog Widget by LinkWithin